Lloyd Robert Borrett

search

Lloyd Borrett's Web Site Forum Index Lloyd Borrett's Web Site
Forums related to this web site, Petals Around the Rose and other topics, for you to enjoy!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Again with the unprotected JavaScript
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lloyd Borrett's Web Site Forum Index -> Feedback for Lloyd
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chipchip

PostPosted: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 8:46 am    Post subject: Again with the unprotected JavaScript Reply with quote

I have to confess I read the JavaScript to find the solution. Others have pointed this loophole out but I don't see anyone saying they actually used it. If you're at all serious about keeping the answer secret -- if it's not all tongue-in-cheek -- then I strongly recommend that you axe the JavaScript version or at the very least bury the key algorithm.

This is my own little weakness, by the way. I have very little patience with brainteasers but I also hate not knowing the answer, so I'll often take an out like this pretty quickly. I'm not going to spill it. What I still don't know is what the name has to do with it... either something to do with the petal geometry or else (as hinted by someone else posting here) perhaps a saying I'm not familiar with. That'll be my part of the puzzle, I guess.

Regards...
chipchip

PostPosted: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 8:51 am    Post subject: heh Reply with quote

Okay... I just figured out why the name matters... clever and subtle. I like.

PostPosted: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Javascript error Reply with quote

When I click on "roll dice" I get a javascript error: DieBox1 is not defined.

PostPosted: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to know it... I found the JavaScript, but i didn't look at the algorithm...

The solution is so close, but i want to find it out for myself...
aargh... this can drive a man insane.. Sad

well... something to do in class anyway Smile

PostPosted: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are all stupid. I am going to hang myself now.
MoonDog

PostPosted: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be better if those choosing to divulge the solution would email, so not to give away to all. Thanx.....

Cheers! Very Happy MoonDog
Guest2

PostPosted: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you really are serious about finding the answer, just Google it. I hate puzzles like this and I usually cheat to find the answer.

PostPosted: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate puzzles? Why on earth did you start? Too bad you don't get it. Rolling Eyes ...the fun in these teasers is the doing!! The solution is boring, Shocked and the fun is over. Oh well........cheers!! Laughing

Best, MoonDog
MoonDog

PostPosted: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow Embarassed Exclamation Crying or Very sad Cool
mattsharp

PostPosted: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I would tell everyone, I *almost* accidentally did this (don't ask).

PostPosted: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget it!! I am gonna ask, mattsharp. Now- what is it I am asking Question He he

Cheers!! Cool MD
leji

PostPosted: Thu, 26 May 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Protect it a bit ? Reply with quote

I came here, struggled a bit, found the answer after about 20 throws, and was happy. As a great altruist, I decided to show this website to a few friends to spread hapiness in the world, sadly, the javascript file is so easy to find that none off them had to tickle their brain to find the solution... fun spoiled ... Why dont you restrict the access to the files ? with htaccess for example ?
MoonDog

PostPosted: Thu, 26 May 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Leji, Be easy on yourself!! So what a few can't enjoy a puzzle! I have shown this to a bunch, and so many thank yous come I can't even count!! In every crowd there are the 'whiners and spoilers' and they don't irk my life one click! Cheers to you, and keep up the good fun! 8=D))) Cool

PostPosted: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Again with the unprotected JavaScript Reply with quote

chipchip wrote:
I have to confess I read the JavaScript to find the solution. Others have pointed this loophole out but I don't see anyone saying they actually used it. If you're at all serious about keeping the answer secret -- if it's not all tongue-in-cheek -- then I strongly recommend that you axe the JavaScript version or at the very least bury the key algorithm.

This is my own little weakness, by the way. I have very little patience with brainteasers but I also hate not knowing the answer, so I'll often take an out like this pretty quickly. I'm not going to spill it. What I still don't know is what the name has to do with it... either something to do with the petal geometry or else (as hinted by someone else posting here) perhaps a saying I'm not familiar with. That'll be my part of the puzzle, I guess.

Regards...
lloyd_borrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor deluded souls.

The JavaScript gives you the algorithm, not the solution. Some people never get the solution even when they know the algorithm.
Chapman Hill (Etomite) | Deepdene Bears Cricket Club (CPG-Nuke)

Web Sites Under Construction:
Building - WinEnergy (Etomite)
Assisting - StarScribe Productions (Etomite)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lloyd Borrett's Web Site Forum Index -> Feedback for Lloyd All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: