Lloyd Robert Borrett

search

Lloyd Borrett's Web Site Forum Index Lloyd Borrett's Web Site
Forums related to this web site, Petals Around the Rose and other topics, for you to enjoy!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Third Generation of Lloyd Borrett's Web Site Now Online

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lloyd Borrett's Web Site Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like Lloyd's new look web site?
Yes, it's great!
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Neutral, it's neither good nor bad.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No, it's terrible!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

lloyd_borrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Third Generation of Lloyd Borrett's Web Site Now Online Reply with quote

Just a few weeks ago, I switched to a new web site hosting provider, Jaguar PC (www.jaguarpc.com), and gained access to a wide range of new features and services, including support for CGI, Perl and PHP languages, plus MySQL databases. However, an initial look at how to use those features in a way that fitted in with the existing web site design revealed that a design refresh would be a good idea. Besides, it had been 4.5 years since the last design change.

One priority was to get rid of the use of graphic files for the site navigation elements. My experience with new generation screens running at better than 96 dpi showed this concept had a limited life. Using a Dynamic HTML and JavaScript based menu, would enable the site pages to load faster, and be more search engine friendly.

Another goal was to make site navigation easier, by implementing the method I had first developed whilst building the Omniton web site (www.omniton.com.au), a few months earlier.

Anyway the job is done. The 3rd generation version of www.borrett.id.au is now online, complete with phpBB based forums, plus some updates and revisions to the web site content were made as I worked through the modification of each web page.

Anyway, check it out and let me know what you think. All comments, suggestions and corrections are much appreciated.

Please enjoy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lloyd Borrett's Web Site Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: