Lloyd Robert Borrett

search

Lloyd Borrett's Web Site Forum Index Lloyd Borrett's Web Site
Forums related to this web site, Petals Around the Rose and other topics, for you to enjoy!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How did you guys figure it out?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lloyd Borrett's Web Site Forum Index -> Fraternity of Petals Around the Rose
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiana Calthye

PostPosted: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me extreme overtiredness to get it... but I'm satisfied that I got it on my own. For a while I was taking "around" as literally, and taking it as the last and the first die... but that didn't work, because the thing is when you toss the dice RL, they don't end up in a straight line!

So, yeah. It took me a bit of illogical thinking (usually normal for me) before I was able to get it...

But yeah. I don't think I could have went as complex as you did there... even if I was thinking rather too mathimatical for my own good. Everyone I know who's tried it does... Rolling Eyes
michies

PostPosted: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was kinda weird for me, cuz I played the game like two months ago, and played it constantly for quite a number of hours, and was still unable to get it, and so I gave up.

Then my friend just showed me the link to the game again just today, and I took a look at those dice, then at the name of the game, and it just came to me, and I got the game.

I was really surprised at how easy it turned out to me... Now I feel slightly retarded.... ><
angry mathematician

PostPosted: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

hmm...
when I eventually did it,
after prooving that it had to be an addition, (using probablity theory, I had the values it generated, and approximately how often)
I solved a series of simultaneous equations, to determine the "values" of the numbers...

then i was pissed off that i was supposed to see the "petals" and the "rose"

This is the kind of puzzle that takes me an hour, and just generally pisses me off...
esp. as all of my friends got in one or two throws...

in short, i feel no satisfaction from completing this puzzle, other than the good feeling i get when i see some other poor sucker reducing it to simultaneous equations...

p.s. Im so BITTER!
friskysman

PostPosted: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never got it with the name of the game clue. I spent probably an hour at work just looking at patterns and finally figured it out. It took my wife 3 rolls and she got it, thanks to the name of the game. Boy did I feel like an idiot.
Johnnyboy88

PostPosted: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at the WIKIPEDIA thing for it. I was looking for clues to help me but they just told me the answear. Dang!
rampage

PostPosted: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's amusing tho, because if you forget about rolling and the name and anything else and are given this (my "working" rolls), I'm sure its quite obvious what the answer is. Perhaps I'm too easily distracted by the rest of the stuff...

1 2 5 5 3 = 10
5 1 3 5 5 = 14
3 6 3 5 5 = 12
2 5 6 5 3 = 10
5 6 4 3 5 = 10
5 5 1 1 3 = 10

2 2 4 4 0 = 0
4 6 6 4 2 = 0
1 1 1 2 4 = 0
2 4 1 1 4 = 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lloyd Borrett's Web Site Forum Index -> Fraternity of Petals Around the Rose All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: