Lloyd Robert Borrett

search

Lloyd Borrett's Web Site Forum Index Lloyd Borrett's Web Site
Forums related to this web site, Petals Around the Rose and other topics, for you to enjoy!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

petals of a rose
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lloyd Borrett's Web Site Forum Index -> Feedback for Lloyd
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 4:57 am    Post subject: petals of a rose Reply with quote

your game sux cuz i cant figure out how to get the (swear word) answer. and no one i asked knows what the (swear word) answer is

PostPosted: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: beware of the power of the internet... Reply with quote

... first, the name of the game is perhaps important, but for a native french speaker, it doesn't ring a bell.
.. second, with a javascript version (that doesn't work in firefox) the secret is open to all.
I will not revell it, but : "Use the source, Luke Wink"

PostPosted: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Pedals of a rose Reply with quote

I read the article about Bill Gates trying to crack it

and basically the hint about the name of the game gave it away, and along with the throws and their values all laid out confirmed my guess so I solved it without playing it.
guest3

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: petals around the rose Reply with quote

My friend, just think about the name of the puzzle.

PostPosted: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Petals of a rose Reply with quote

My Dad couldn't figure it out (I am 12). I had to show him how it worked eventually. Got t after about 10-15 goes! Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Embarassed

PostPosted: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured it out with mathematics and logic, never understanding the signifgance of the name until afterwards.

I sat there, "So... what does the name have to do with it?!" And about 5-10 minutes later, "Oh. I see it now."

Heh. Took me longer to figure out what the name meant than to figure out the pattern.
MoonDog

PostPosted: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 4:32 am    Post subject: Funny..... Reply with quote

Interesting reading all your posts about this game. The fun part, to me, is all of you! Laughing The game itself was fun to "get" but you folk take the prize!! Thanx for some cool entertainment......Cheers! Very Happy

MoonDog
dwolve

PostPosted: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for spreading a good game
MoonDog

PostPosted: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a fun game, and the boards, also! I enjoy you posters more than the game, of course!! Anyone wants to yak, give me a holler...... Rolling Eyes

Cheers... Cool ...MoonDog
deepar3

PostPosted: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool this is a great game going to try it on a few of my family. thanks Lloyd Cool Cool
kzaqt

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 3:24 am    Post subject: Petals Reply with quote

I couldn't even begin to get it! However, in spite of my asking not to tell me the solution, my daughter-in-law emailed it - and she's right - works every time. The only good thing is (apart from me wasting hours trying to get it) that her doing that lets me tell myself I probably would've figured it out on my own eventually... heh-heh. So, am I disqualified?
MoonDog

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad...so many people don't realize the fun in teasers and puzzles is the DOING, whether it takes two minutes or two years!! kzaqt be sure to tell her that, nicely!

Yes it is 100% solveable with the same method.

Cheers... Cool ...MoonDog
marefin

PostPosted: Tue, 31 May 2005 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay i figured it out Very Happy it REALLY is very simple. don't think too hard on this. and the title does help
Ophi...

PostPosted: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: still fun though... Reply with quote

I must be thinking too hard... I love it. I still can't get it. Wink

PostPosted: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yahoo search the name of the game and the answer is right in front of you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lloyd Borrett's Web Site Forum Index -> Feedback for Lloyd All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: