Lloyd Robert Borrett

search

Lloyd Borrett's Web Site Forum Index Lloyd Borrett's Web Site
Forums related to this web site, Petals Around the Rose and other topics, for you to enjoy!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bill Gates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lloyd Borrett's Web Site Forum Index -> Feedback for Lloyd
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seraphim

PostPosted: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Bill Gates Reply with quote

The Bill Gates story, with the examples, gave it away for me right away. Its an awesome puzzle but his story makes it a little too easy, can't wait to try it on my friends though.
MoonDog

PostPosted: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that did it for me was after a few tries, I looked at the rules, and the old axiom "first things, first" came to mind, and that did it!! The rose , when looked at closely, well.....it's been a gas, I wish it would have been tougher! The reward of teasers is not the solution for me, but the doing!! Answers are boring, it's over. Sad Any way, have a good time!! Laughing

Cheers... Exclamation Idea MoonDog
RtB

PostPosted: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing That was good fun - have passed it on - I could not have gotten it as quickly (if ever) without the bill gates bit

Thanks Lloyd
Mountain

PostPosted: Mon, 02 May 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bill Gates thing actually did nothing for me. I have to admit I spent ages trying to add and subtract numbers until I took more notice of the first hint and began to think pictorially.

PostPosted: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep good old bill gates story did it for me

I mean it's not really much of a hint, I only got one hint, which was 'the guy gave the answer almost instantly' which you would get if someone was showing you the trick in person.

Other than that it's just seeing several combinations and answers in one go.
Ushhud

PostPosted: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonDog wrote:
The thing that did it for me was after a few tries, I looked at the rules, and the old axiom "first things, first" came to mind, and that did it!! The rose , when looked at closely, well.....it's been a gas, I wish it would have been tougher! The reward of teasers is not the solution for me, but the doing!! Answers are boring, it's over. Sad Any way, have a good time!! Laughing

Cheers... Exclamation Idea MoonDog

Same MoonDog.....the answer is relieving to know but when doing is fun...and u also have a fun time doing....well excluding the frustration LOL Exclamation Exclamation Very Happy Laughing

-Dr. Zoidberg
LOL!!
deepar3

PostPosted: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wanted to say hi to moondog. hope you are well
Teluvo

PostPosted: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lloyd Borrett's Web Site Forum Index -> Feedback for Lloyd All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: