Lloyd Robert Borrett

search

Lloyd Borrett's Web Site Forum Index Lloyd Borrett's Web Site
Forums related to this web site, Petals Around the Rose and other topics, for you to enjoy!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

.:: My Program ::.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lloyd Borrett's Web Site Forum Index -> General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arby

PostPosted: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 4:58 am    Post subject: .:: My Program ::. Reply with quote

Hi people Smile

You might remember a while ago I joined the fraternity of Petals around the Rose, and mused over creating a program that could do the same thing, whilst hiding the code from the end-user

Well now, I'm proud to present to you:

Arby's "Petals Around The Rose" VB application!!

The link to the folder is here:
http://www.arbital24.com/Dev/PATR

The link to the program is here:
http://www.arbital24.com/Dev/PATR/PetalsAroundTheRose.exe

PLEASE ALSO READ THE README FILE!
http://www.arbital24.com/Dev/PATR/Readme.txt

The program is available for download as a self-extracting exe. Download it, and run the exe. It will extract the files to C:\PATR.
DO NOT CHANGE THIS FOLDER!. If you do, the program will not work. Once it has extracted, go into the folder, and copy/cut the main program file out to wherever you want it. DO NOT MOVE THE DICE IMAGE FILES!

If you do not have a "C:\" drive, please PM me the letter of your main drive and I'll make you a special version. The program is only tested for use on Windows XP but should work fine in older versions of windows. It was created using Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0.

It's basically another Petals Around The Rose program. It will randomise the dice, allow you to roll the dice, take an input, then tell you what you input, what the correct answer was, and whether you were right or not.

It will count up each roll, and success. If you succeed 10 times in a row, it will declare you a Potentate of the Rose, and close the program. There is no limit to the amount of rolls and failures you may have. Look out for a version coming soon that will store the highest streak! (continuous successes in a line without failing)

Pleasae give me feedback on the program; whether you liked it or not, and if you found any bugs, so that I may address the issue.

If you're wondering, I drew the dice myself, using nothing but MSPaint Smile

Have fun! ^_^
Ushhud

PostPosted: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can u plz put on an a website...... Question Question Question
Arrow Idea

-Dr. Zoidberg
LOL!!
Arby

PostPosted: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is on a website; it's hosted, that's how you can link to it Smile

If you mean, interactively so you can play it online, sadly that's not possible. This version is a "program" one written in VB, and is only capable running in it's current form. Sadly, I don't have the skills to make an interactive website version, however if that's what you're looking for, just use the one provided on this website Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lloyd Borrett's Web Site Forum Index -> General Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: