Lloyd Robert Borrett

search

Lloyd Borrett's Web Site Forum Index Lloyd Borrett's Web Site
Forums related to this web site, Petals Around the Rose and other topics, for you to enjoy!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quiet in here isn't it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lloyd Borrett's Web Site Forum Index -> General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Margie

PostPosted: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 8:34 am    Post subject: Quiet in here isn't it? Reply with quote

I thought I'd break the ice and say something first. Smile
Gildor

PostPosted: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps it's so quiet because just a few people have solved the puzzle, so they don't see a point in coming here...
Phygia

PostPosted: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Hmm Reply with quote

I would say it is so quiet because there are so few registered (obviously). I'm the latest to register and I'm the 36th...

Also I don't think many people know about it and people don't seem to be able to work the puzzle out...
lloyd_borrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there are more than 400 entries in the new Fraternity Registry of people who claim to have solved the problem. There were some 2400 entries in the previous version of the registry that was online for about 9 months. So it would seem, quite a few people do work Petals Around the Rose out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
danbock

PostPosted: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it took me half an hour, but I solved the puzzle. A couple of things on this site made me confused:

1. The colors of the dice. I spent five minutes trying to figure out why there were sometimes three red, one blue and one green; sometimes two green, two blue and one red. I came to the conclusion that the colors probably weren't significant, but I kept wondering: Why are there three different colors? How did the writer choose what dice to make red, blue, green?

2. The order. On the site, we always see five dice in a row. Does the order matter? That's something we have to figure out, of course. But in the original game, weren't the dice just thrown on the floor and let to land where they may? Or were they arranged into a row as on the web site? If they were thrown on the floor, is there some method of translating the formation of five dice on a floor to a row on a web site? This cost me several minutes.

And my take on the reason we're not seeing more messages: You have to register to post a message, and it's hard to figure out how to register, and when you do figure it out, it takes a long time (it took an hour for the e-mail to get to me).
Luck.exe

PostPosted: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did it! Too bad it doesn't work in firefox or mozilla though. Sad Oh well! Great fun puzzle game thingy! Cool
dorini

PostPosted: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 9:21 am    Post subject: solution Reply with quote

Hello,

The solution is published on the Internet. From now on you have to CREATE new similar problems if you want to give some excitement to your students.

Success!
leet

PostPosted: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danbock wrote:
Well it took me half an hour, but I solved the puzzle. A couple of things on this site made me confused:

1. The colors of the dice. I spent five minutes trying to figure out why there were sometimes three red, one blue and one green; sometimes two green, two blue and one red. I came to the conclusion that the colors probably weren't significant, but I kept wondering: Why are there three different colors? How did the writer choose what dice to make red, blue, green?

2. The order. On the site, we always see five dice in a row. Does the order matter? That's something we have to figure out, of course. But in the original game, weren't the dice just thrown on the floor and let to land where they may? Or were they arranged into a row as on the web site? If they were thrown on the floor, is there some method of translating the formation of five dice on a floor to a row on a web site? This cost me several minutes.

And my take on the reason we're not seeing more messages: You have to register to post a message, and it's hard to figure out how to register, and when you do figure it out, it takes a long time (it took an hour for the e-mail to get to me).

1.he probably made different coloured dice so it was harder

2.not really

Luck.exe wrote:
I did it! Too bad it doesn't work in firefox or mozilla though. Sad Oh well! Great fun puzzle game thingy! Cool

it's now mozilla firefox
and this game thing is COOL Cool
mrgenius

PostPosted: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was easy.

it took about thirty seconds.

Crying or Very sad i thought it was going to be harder. . .
namtracxtra

PostPosted: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well there are more than 400 entries in the new Fraternity Registry of people who claim to have solved the problem. There were some 2400 entries in the previous version of the registry that was online for about 9 months. So it would seem, quite a few people do work Petals Around the Rose out.

or maybe not that many ppl kno bout it or care about it
dragon

PostPosted: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh.....I've been trying for about an hour and I can't get it!
My friend told me that the more logically you try to solve it, the harder it is. is this true?

And have any hints you can give me? Laughing
dragon

PostPosted: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES! I finally got it! The answer was simpler than I thought. Laughing

Well, for the people who might need an extra clue: The title of the puzzle is VERY important. Dont overlook it.
MoonDog

PostPosted: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, just watch the funny looks when you show the game to your friends!! Rolling Eyes Have fun, and Cheers!!

MoonDog Laughing
Ushhud

PostPosted: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i think ppl do not really reply to the forum because they are too busy.

The challenge in my opinion was alright, it took me about an hour or so (not constantly, 30 mins a day).
Laughing

-Dr. Zoidberg
LOL!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lloyd Borrett's Web Site Forum Index -> General Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: